Thursday, July 7, 2011

Zumba

I love Zumba! Who doesn't!? Well, I have been doing every day this summer, except for two days when we were at my aunt's.Some dayys I do the 20 minute work outs, some days do the 20 plus some single routines, and when my sweet boy allows, - do a 45 minute routine! I always end with going n a walk.So far, I have lost ten lbs. I feel good about it, it is not too hard, and it is something I can do daily. I have been watching what I eat as well. I have a slim fast and a fruit for breakfast, a yogurt or the breakfast fruit for a snack, a lean cuisine for lunch, and a light dinner, or more salad and some of what everyone else is having. It isn't inconvienient, and it has been pretty rewarding! My goal is to shed 7 lbs a month, and try to keep that pace for the next year. I think it is realistic, and manageable! That's what keeps me motivated best, rather than saying, "I want to lose 75 lbs!" That is a little overwhelming. I will update my progress as a source of accountability. Any suggestioms are welcome! :)


Stats: June: -10 lbs
July: we shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Try this website...myfitnesspal.com. I have been using it and I love it. It basically sets a a nutritional stat plan for you to help you reach your goal. Like it tells you how much sodium and vitamins and calories you should have in order to meet your goal. You can also keep a food diary and at the end of the day it will tell you if you went over on your fats and everything. I started about a month and a half ago and have lost 7 lbs. Also if you have an iphone or itouch there is an app for the website too! The success stories are unreal and people post new ones all the time with progress pictures and everything. I find it very motivating! Your doing a great job!