Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Happenings

For Father's Day, I got together with these girls, and thought that it would be fun to surprise my dad and Devin with tickets to a Dodger game! We even went and bought everyone a t-shirt. It was quite the adventure getting the shirts, too. We went to some blackmarket latino shop and almost crapped our pants a few times due to the unsavory environment. Scary scary scary!AND, the shirts weren't even cheap! Well, we looked good! :)
 The game was on a Wednesday at 12:30 and it was HOT. I was previously burned the day before from adventures in the pool in the backyard at Grandma's. It wasn't too bad though. I toughed it out for the men. :) Another perk was that all of the food was 1/2 off that day, it was a throwback day. Saweet! Normally Dodger dogs are $5.75. CRAZY!
 Initially we wanted to take my Grandpa as well, but he didn't think that he could handle the drive and the heat. I understood, but was bummed. We decided instead that the next day we would take him and Nancy to Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach for Clam Chowder. He had never been! My love of Clam Chowder comes from my grandpa! When I was little he would make us clam chowder all of the time. Well, he would open a can of Campbells and add milk. ;)
Grandpa clearly loved the goods. He also had some fish and chips. When all was said and done, he said he liked the french fries best. Ha! (They were good!)
 We walked on the pier next and Carson loves the seagulls and the ocean! It was fun! We also looked through some shops, where I found this cute hat. When I tried it on, my grandpa said, "Oh, it's sooo you!" I had to get it. If grandpa approves, who wouldn't?
 My mom got Carson a high chair when we found out I was preggo. Good thing, he is quite the eater and enjoys his time there!
 He has discovered that he has a love of music! He loves to dance and play the piano. My grandma is so pleased with that. She even did an impromptu concert for him while he jammed out!
Carson has also become quite the daredevil. As he is growing and learning, he is getting more adventurous. He happily dove in this bucket to gather some of his toys! It was pretty funny. He was actually yelling right here, but we HAD to pause to capture the moment!
**Wen passed away last night. He was taken off of life support after midnight and passed on shortly after. We are glad to be in California for the summer to support her.

No comments: