Thursday, July 21, 2011

impulsiveness.

So. How does one stop being so impulsive? I am impulsive. Besides obnoxious, impulsive is  good word to describe me. Perhaps I am obnoxious because I am impulsive? I'm sure it is related. 


Impulse moves:


Moving to Utah: Worked for me!


Engaged after three weeks. But hey, it works!


Car purchases: So far, so good.


Having a baby: wouldn't change a thing!


(Now here is where I get caught up)


Shopping: I am sooo impulsive. It makes me a bad shopper. When it comes to clothes I NEVER look for deals. I don't care if it might go on sale tomorrow. I want it, and I want it now. So, that makes a problem. I buy similar items. I buy too much of something I already have. For example: How many black cardigans do I have? Ohhh probably a dozen. But they are all different in some minor way! What is the answer!? Make a list? Be better at discerning between needs and wants? HELP! 


My mouth: It is very impulsive. I say yes too much. I say no to the wrong things. When I am frustrated it comes out through my words. My words may be directed at the right people, and I may be telling the truth, but why am I so driven to say certain things when I know nothing good will come of it? I have always sort of felt that it was my job to let people know what they are doing wrong, and to let them know they need to fix it. Be more like me, perhaps. Well, that isn't working. How do I stop? Help!  


I think it is important to recognize our flaws. I recognize mine. I have known them for quite some time. However, I am not sure where to begin bettering myself.


I have turned to Heavenly Father for strength and answers. I guess I am still waiting. Maybe I do have the answer of "STOP!" or "Just knock it off!" but, we all know how well that works! Just ask Carson! ;)

No comments: