Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Parent-Teacher conferences & a little bit of babbling.

I am sitting here at the most fun location on the planet. Parent-teacher conferences! Let me tell you, for a special ed teacher- they are extremely boring. I appreciate the parents who do decide to come, but it is usually parents that I see every day anyways! As I am writing, a school counselor approached me to see how bored I was- it is a fact that special ed teachers usually stay pretty "un-busy". I have a book out, Ipad, laptop, diet coke, finished work, and lip gloss.Yep- I am prepared! Yesterday we had parent teacher conferences as well. Two days of parent teacher conferences.It is fun to b e able to people watch, match parents to their children and say, "Ohhhh......now I get it! The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!"

 Yikes. I get Friday off in return so that is good. Friday is also payday. The first one since May! I can't wait. Devin still has school, and we have decided to send Carson to daycare still because it is part of his routine, he really loves it, and we have to pay anyways. :)

When they get home we are headed to the mall to pick up Carson his very first pair of these:
I just adore the Tiny Toms! He is not very into shoes right now, as he is pretty much a full-blown walker. I am hoping these soft, moldable shoeswill encourage him to walk in them, and more importantly, keep them on his feet!  

Here are my favorite quotes from today:

One of my students likes to undress sometimes. Another student, who barely talks, looks at him and says, "HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?" I about died. You may not think this is funny, but if you knew these kids, you'd pee your pants.

Another from an adult to a student: "______, you smell like a taco!"

And, one I hear everyday: "Mrs. Hardman? Do you think I should go fart out in the hall?"

Talk about having no shame.

1 comment:

kaylynnczy said...

LOVE IT! You're so right, Parent Teacher conferences are SOOOO boring. There's only so much we can do.
LOVED your quotes though. Special ed is the best. I'm in Kindergarten this year, so I've had some good ones. I must post. Thanks for the reminder!