Monday, September 26, 2011

fancified oatmeal!?

I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast religiously since July. Let me tell you, it gets boring! I am not talking about the delicious little "____& Cream" kinds, either. I'm talking steel cut oats with cranberries or bananas and a small amount of brown sugar. Gets kind of hard to eat, let me tell you!

I love eating oatmeal in the morning because it really fills me up all day. However, last week I was struggling. Dreading having to eat it. Then this morning, I had a genius idea!

Peanut butter, banana and honey oatmeal. OH MY YUM!

I didn't add a ton of peanut butter or honey, that kills the purpose of a nutritious and delicious breakfast. But every bite this morning was a gift from above. Could it be because my tastebuds have been warped from boring oatmeal? I don't really care! I am stuffed, satisfied, and ready for the day. Take that Mr. Quaker.

No comments: