Saturday, September 3, 2011

No window basement tour. Enjoy,

Sounds depressing, right? No windows in the living room. Kind of sucks! When my in-laws built this house, this room was intended for my Dad in law to use as a "migrane room." Nice and cool, and dark. When we moved into the basement in April, it made the most sense to use it as our living room. I was skeptical since I am a natural-light lover. We have plenty of light in our bedrooms, thank goodness. First, I wanted to paint the walls a warm shade of yellow to somewhat brighten it up. It didn't exactly work, but I still love it!
 Here is the couch wall. I love the pillows but want a lot more! I pinned some on Pinterest that I would love to add to our couch! I have some fabric and some plans. I adore the ruffle pillow I scored at Costco!
 This is the second refinish on this chair. I love how the aqua looks with the yellow walls. Ignore the dresser. It is a temporary till I get this bad boy finished:


I want to paint it cream and get all new cute Anthro type hardware! I have dreams of a mustard dresser but those will have to wait until we have a house with lots of rooms!

This is my most favorite piece ever. I know it is popular right now, but I liked it back when. I swear this is my motto. It truly helps me get by! I love the green with the yellow wall!
Here is the somewhat cluttered corner. I love the double mirror, my cute owls and the lamp. We need the lighting! On the side of the dresser is where Carson's toy stash. I want to do something cute with the star. Not sure if I want to modpodge paper, paint it, or maybe make it a photo collage. Ideas?

4 comments:

Miranda-Jayne said...

cute!!! I love the yellow and aqua...that's what I'm doing the kitchen in. When did you get into refinishing furniture....that chair looks awesome!! I think I need to come see your place in person. ;)

Tara Nelson said...

I LUV how you have decorated.... You are so creative. I wish I had an eye for that.

Chelsea said...

Wow, you're a domestic goddess! I love it!

A.D.C said...

thanks guys! MJ- come visit!