Sunday, September 25, 2011

A little creativity

I like to to to be creative! I feel like I make an honest effort, anyways. I love exploring Pinterest in my down time. I want to improve myself, so I love looking up new recipes, new ideas for my classroom, and most importantly, new ideas for my little basement! We aren't working with much so every little bit of inspiration is good for me!

In the last few weeks I have:

Refinished a chair

Refinished a dresser

Painted a design on a rug

Made some awesome dinners

Made some fun decorations for home and classroom.

Here is the thing- I feel like when I look at these websites or other people's blogs, I want what they have. Badly! I can't wait until I have my own house, more money, more kids, more space, more everything!

I have been sick and just started sone antibiotics. Last night was the General Relief Society broadcast. I did not feel well enough to attend, so I stayed home. When my mother in law returned, she shared some things that President Uchtdorf shared. The main thing was to be happy now. don't waste your life waiting for the next best thing. Live YOUR life now. We aren't supposed to covet our neighbor, but that can be really hard at this stage in life. It is hard to not want what others who may be a little farther along in the journey than we are. The important thing to remember is to enjoy the journey!

I am grateful that the lord gives us exactly what we need,when we need it. I am inspired to take others creativity, and use it to strengthen and sharpen my own talents. Others talents aren't to be envied, but to be shared so that we might benefit from them in some way. That is the way Heavenly Father intended it I'm sure. I will add some pictures tomorrow of the imperfect yet talent developing things I have been working on!

1 comment:

Miranda-Jayne said...

Where are the pictures?! I want to see your awesome creativity!!!