Friday, March 11, 2011

Life As We Know It.







I do want to be a better blogger, I do. I want to be a writer. I want a lot of things. In 7th grade, at Vandenberg Middle School, I was voted most likely to be a writer in my yearbook. This was courtesy of my peers. What did they know? Perhaps blogging is as close to being a writer that I will get in this life. Instead I enjoy reading other peoples words. Be it books, or blogs. As I read, I think, "I can do that, I want to do that!" Well, this is as far as I get.

Devin and I have been busy making decisions, and waiting on life. I feel like waiting is such a terrible, yucky word. When it comes down to it, all we do is wait. As a child I thought often, I can not wait to be a teenager. As a teenager, I was waiting for adult life. And so it goes. Now we are waiting on school to be done. To buy a house. To know where we are going to end up. There is a lot of waiting taking place. A lot of anxiety, and a lot of uncertainty.

Currently, we are getting ready to move to Salt Lake. We will be in a new city. Devin will be going to the University of Utah for Therapeutic Recreation.

Pros: We will have cheaper rent, utilities. Closer to Devin's family, closer to being done with school. Saving money to buy a house.

Cons: Leaving my friends in Provo. Leaving the city I am familiar with. Leaving my job. Leaving Carson's first house. Living with family, and not alone.

Thoughts: Where is life going to take us? I want answers, and I know that I can't have them. I am not sure where I am going to be working next year. That terrifies me. I will have a job. That is a definite blessing that I know many don't have. It makes me feel almost rotten for feeling so anxious. We aren't homeless, we have a comfortable lifestyle. I JUST WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING! :)

Carson is adorable. That helps with everything. I just know that with Heavenly Fathers help, we can never go wrong and will always make the right decisions for our family.

1 comment:

Nik and Dawna said...

Alicia...I just came across your blog on the Hellewell's blog and I must say Carson has the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen! Gonna suck those girls right in!
Sorry to hear you two are sick though. No fun! Get better soon.